Deep Black : Reloaded

Deep Black : Reloaded

View Stats:
TheAnthonyNL Oct 26, 2013 @ 11:02am
FIX FOR DEEP BLACK RELOADED!!! ---UPDATE NEW METHOD
NEW METHOD:

FOLLOW THIS GUIDE: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/7e39ca/block-a-program-to-internet-access-in-windows-8/

Select the DeepBlack.exe, then press apply to add the new outbound rule.

ENJOY THE GAME!!!

OLD METHOD -- still crashing after some minutes

At first, i've checked everything which was readeable and found a very simple solution.

1. Goto your Deep Black Reloaded folder.
2. Go to "globals" folder
3. Open "settings.lua" with notepad++ or something which can handle lua files.
4. find the following lines
NetFileURL = "http://www.biart7.com/steamok.txt"; NetFileSkipIfNoConnection = 1;
5. replace them with the following
--NetFileURL = "http://www.biart7.com/steamok.txt"; --NetFileSkipIfNoConnection = 1;
NOTE: the -- means it is commented and not in use.

6. HAVE FUN!!!

The above OLD written method still made the game crash after some minutes :(. So the only way to get this game working is blocking the internet access completely for this game in your firewall.

using a illegal crack from third party websites doesn't work either as the game still crash too without any error.

It's just that if biart7 had access to their files they could reupload those files which make the game crash. (steamok.txt and the other files).
Last edited by TheAnthonyNL; Nov 19, 2013 @ 12:09pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 105 comments
dimon222 Oct 26, 2013 @ 11:05am 
Thanks!
TheAnthonyNL Oct 28, 2013 @ 3:34am 
Anyway i found out it give another error ingame : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=189878791 i bet it's related to it...
Solitary Day Oct 28, 2013 @ 10:15am 
You know what happened to me?
I clicked on it... and it worked. I don't know why... but well, it happened.
And it works to this very day. odd. very, very, odd.
TheAnthonyNL Oct 28, 2013 @ 10:17am 
Originally posted by Ericona:
You know what happened to me?
I clicked on it... and it worked. I don't know why... but well, it happened.
And it works to this very day. odd. very, very, odd.

You mean the game worked with my fix ... have you played a session longer then 5~10 minutes? because that is where i normally get that warning in the screenshot i posted before :S.
TheAnthonyNL Oct 29, 2013 @ 3:43am 
My conversation with the devs biart.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13120823/Outlook%20conversation%20biart.htm

So it seems we have to contact strategy first in order to get this fixed ... even tho i still want to play this game :S.
Elinor Oct 29, 2013 @ 4:33pm 
Dear Anthony!
Thanks for being so kind for helping us! I can't believe it's working!
Here, have some chocolates: :chocolate::chocolate::chocolate::chocolate::chocolate::chocolate:
TheAnthonyNL Oct 29, 2013 @ 10:55pm 
Originally posted by PATRiCiA SCARPiA:
Dear Anthony!
Thanks for being so kind for helping us! I can't believe it's working!
Here, have some chocolates: :chocolate::chocolate::chocolate::chocolate::chocolate::chocolate:

Thank you for replying, even tho i need to know if you are able to play longer then 5 minutes without that damaged resources error ingame ...
Elinor Oct 30, 2013 @ 5:38am 
Hah just tried it... Not even 5 minutes...
We are doomed!
:csgogun::squirtooh::displash::displash::displash::displash::displash:
lllltepahhcs Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:40pm 
Has anyone tried going to the Biart website and getting the non-steam demo and trying the copy and paste trick with the game launcher.exe file from the demo to the steam game folder? The steam update a while back deleted the launcher.exe file from the game and that apparently is part of why the game will not run on steam anymore and why no one wants to claim that they are responsible to fix the game. Strategy First is the actual responible support agent but the oops that crashed and broke the game was steam's automatic update because there was no update put out by SF or Biart when the steam update deleted the launcher.exe file. There is apparently a table file that is also corrupted according to some other users experiences. The table file from the demo may fix this as well. Of course I don't know that much about game codeing so it would take someone how knows these files that can interpret what has happened.
Last edited by lllltepahhcs; Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:41pm
lllltepahhcs Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:43pm 
FYI. I don't have the game on my computer but I do have the demo and I like it so I have been waiting for about 9 months or so for Steam or SF to fix the game so I can justify paying for the full game. I am keeping the demo around until then.
TheAnthonyNL Nov 3, 2013 @ 10:54pm 
Originally posted by lllltepahhcs:
Has anyone tried going to the Biart website and getting the non-steam demo and trying the copy and paste trick with the game launcher.exe file from the demo to the steam game folder? The steam update a while back deleted the launcher.exe file from the game and that apparently is part of why the game will not run on steam anymore and why no one wants to claim that they are responsible to fix the game. Strategy First is the actual responible support agent but the oops that crashed and broke the game was steam's automatic update because there was no update put out by SF or Biart when the steam update deleted the launcher.exe file. There is apparently a table file that is also corrupted according to some other users experiences. The table file from the demo may fix this as well. Of course I don't know that much about game codeing so it would take someone how knows these files that can interpret what has happened.

This doesnt work, all it does is show up as the demo ... and still crashes.
Last edited by TheAnthonyNL; Nov 3, 2013 @ 10:55pm
LimpingFish Nov 6, 2013 @ 7:01pm 
Block deepblack.exe from accessing the internet. The game will work.

When I first downloaded and ran the game, it immediately crashed (with the same error that everybody seems to experience). Blocking the executable from within ZoneAlarm fixed the problem.

I'm currently three hours into the campaign.

I'm also running on Vista, if that makes any difference.

Last edited by LimpingFish; Nov 6, 2013 @ 7:03pm
TheAnthonyNL Nov 6, 2013 @ 10:51pm 
Originally posted by LimpingFish:
Block deepblack.exe from accessing the internet. The game will work.

When I first downloaded and ran the game, it immediately crashed (with the same error that everybody seems to experience). Blocking the executable from within ZoneAlarm fixed the problem.

I'm currently three hours into the campaign.

I'm also running on Vista, if that makes any difference.

Blocking it from accessing internet doesn't work for me... beside that no mp and no achievements will be unlocked.

Running windows 8.1.
Elinor Nov 7, 2013 @ 1:07am 
Blocking from net access is just foing the same as --NetFileUrl etc as mentioned by the original post.
TheAnthonyNL Nov 7, 2013 @ 1:17am 
Originally posted by PATRiCiA SCARPiA:
Blocking from net access is just foing the same as --NetFileUrl etc as mentioned by the original post.

Not really, it just doesn't check for that file since it doesn't exist ... also it's not the usual way to get a game working ... i've requested them to reverse the last update but still no response ...
Last edited by TheAnthonyNL; Nov 7, 2013 @ 1:18am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 105 comments
Per page: 1530 50